Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Amazing Fusion Indian Food

On a friend's suggestion we visited this amazing fusion restaurant last week. This restraint actually gives a new dimension to Indian fusion food. This restaurant is Avatar's at Sausalito, CA. My friend's suggestion was based on a TV show "Zaika India Ka". It's a small and a well known restaurant so it's always good to book a table before you plan to go there. The restaurant opens at 5:00p.m. and it was all full by 5:05pm

I was surprised to see the short (only 2 pages) menu and most of the things did not make any sense to me. Seeing our confused faces restaurant's owner came and asked us if we are visiting his restaurant for the first time. When I nodded to yes he took menu from us and said "Please leave your order on me now. If you don't like what I bring on your table you will not pay for that food." Seeing his confidence we immediately agreed and started to wait for the surprise.

So this is what he brings to us :

Rice with grilled vegetables. Awesome grilled and flavorful vegetables but little dry for my palette.






The second thing was ravioli with vegetables, gravy and trust me when I say that gravy was better than any Indian gravy you have ever tasted. This ravioli had something leafy green stuffed inside so we guessed it must be spinach. There was no flavor of spinach though as it was mixed with some cheese. It's easy to surpass flavor of spinach when mixed with anything else. I was surprised when, I got to know that it was fenugreek and not spinach. Fenugreek without any flavour of fenugreek ??? By that time I was sure that the chef must be a food genius :)



Next thing was enchiladas. Now it was a mystery to figure out what is filled in this enchiladas. When I was eating this I thought may be something new but it tasted like awesome parantha with some flavorful punjabi gravy but this time again I was not able to figure out what is filled inside. Later I am told that it's arbi :O The brown sauce on the top was made up with imli. The best enchilada I ever had so we had to ask him to bring one more.
These enchiladas was available in their non veg versions as well.





Last thing which was served only available dessert in that restaurant. When I was checking out their menu I was thinking why just one dessert but after tasting I got to know why only one dessert :) because after tasting this no one would even think of ordering any other dessert. It was in layers served with mango and rose syrup. I loved it too but only the layer at the bottom which was made with some chocolate was not so impressive for me as I am not a big fan of chocolate.



A must try restaurant and I am desperately waiting to go there again. This time I know what to order there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment