Friday, July 12, 2013

Yummy kulfi from leftover sweets

Whenever I go to Delhi to my mum's place, for one reason or the other I end up getting so many sweets that I have to bring to Bangalore. I am not a big fan of sweets so is Rakesh. I figured out what to do with these sweets now :D Rakesh loves kulfi and kulfi made with this leftover mithai is always awesome.

So this time I got a big box of Haldiram's peda. There are a few things that you will have to see before making kulfi with leftover mithai that can change ingredients for this kulfi. First and very important point to note here is the leftover sweet has to be made from khoya and dry fruits only for instance khoya burfi, kaju burfi, pista burfi, peda etc. Mostly all kinds of burfi can be used.



Ingredients :

  1. 1/2 kg any khoya mithai.
  2. 2 table spoon of pista (you can use almonds or cashews as well or if there is enough dry fruits in your sweets you can skip it)
  3. 2 green cardamom
  4. few strings of saffron (you can skip this also if there is kesar in your sweets)
  5. 1 liter milk

Method :

  • Soak saffron in two tablespoon of milk.
  • Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring it to a boil.
  • Crush green cardamoms and add them to milk. Reduce milk till it's half of the original quantity.
  • Mash all the sweets and put it into milk. Keep stirring because there are more chances that it will start sticking on the bottom because of sweets.



  • Boil it for another 7-10 minutes on low flame.
  • Switch off heat and add chopped pistachios. We add them after switching off heat so that they will remain crunchy.


  • Let it cool down on room temperature. After that we fill this mixture into kulfi molds and refrigerate.


Try this recipe and share your reviews :) 

5 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy! I am a terrible cook but I am going to beg my mom to make it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! my mom used to make kulfi frm leftover mithai & it used to be yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried it today n it was simply awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent information with unique content and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.
    Book dry fruits sweets online

    ReplyDelete