Monday, March 31, 2014

Refreshing Jaljeera / Mint Lassi/ Buttermilk

Life has been very busy in last couple of months. We moved from Bangalore to San Jose, California. With all this shifting and new job I could not find time to write any new post. Here I am back in action again :)

Yesterday, while shopping veggies I saw fresh mint and I could not stop myself from buying it. I was avoiding to buy mint from quite sometime now because I feel very tired to make that mint chutney with my busy job and 2.5 years old daughter. Those inviting mint leaves made me forget my busy schedule.

Anyways, after reaching home I decided not to make that mint chutney again. If not chutney, then what? Here comes the idea of making quick jaljeera.


Ingredients :

1 bunch of mint leaves (Some coriander leaves optional)
1 tea spoon roasted cumin seeds (you can easily roast cumin seeds on tawa or any pan)
1 inch ginger
1 tea spoon salt
1 tea spoon black salt
1-2 green chilli
1 liter water
1 Lemon


Method :

Grind everything coarsely and mix water into it. Seev it and serve chilled. Jaljeera made with jaljeera powder available in market is not even close to this jaljeera made with fresh mint leaves.




You can even mix this jaljeera with buttermilk. Just give it a try and I am sure you will love that new version of refreshing buttermilk.




No comments:

Post a Comment